Friday 19 October 2012

I've Been Nominated for a Liebster Award!

 The lovely Rebecca from Rebecca Recommends has nominated me for a Liebster award and I'm really chuffed, thank you Rebecca, I really appreciate it!

Liebster is German for 'Dearest' which is lovely and the award is for new bloggers with less than 200 followers, as a sign of appreciation and as an encouragement to keep on going!

To accept the award, I had to write down 11 facts about myself and answer 11 questions from Rebecca.

You then pass it on - I've also nominated 5 of my fellow bloggers and asked them some questions below :-)

11 Facts about me

I'm 5"2.
My fiancés nickname is Rocky. 



I have an English Bull Terrior called Dexter at my in-laws and a ginger cat called Leo at my parents. Look how handsome he is...


I left Uni after the first year to start working, and I still get asked why I did that to this day.
I have size 3 feet.
I love walking outdoors.


I love Marmite.
I hate spiders.
My middle name is Emma.
I consider myself to be sensitive and am quite psychic.
I love a haunted building.




11 Questions from Rebecca:


1. What are your top 3 dreams in life?

  • To have 2 or 3 healthy children.
  • To run a successful vintage business from home.
  • To find fulfilment and happiness in the small things.
2. What are your top 3 fears?

  • Falling down from a really big height.
  • Waking up with spiders on my face.
  • Losing my fiancé.
3. What is your favourite film?

Closer

4. Favorite Autumn recipe?

Spiced pumpkin and butter-nut squash soup.



5.What's at the top of your Christmas list this year?

Cath Kidston sewing box.

6. Favourite book?

Pride and Prejudice.

7. What did you want to be when you were 7?

A school teacher.

8.What inspired you to start your blog?

I wanted a place for all my vintage inspiration, a place to show people how I incorporate vintage stuff into my life and a place to show beauty bits and pieces.

9.What are you proud of?

Deciding to leave a very well paid job, but that I wasn't happy in (and took me 2 and half hours each way to get to work) to start my vintage business, be at home a bit more to enjoy life a bit more. No regrets!

10. What makes you laugh?

My fiancé makes me laugh every day. I know its cheesy but its true!

11. What are you going to dress as for Halloween?

I have no Halloween plans yet! But if I do ill be a vamp!


My Nominations for the Award Are:




These girls all have great blogs, and give me inspiration for vintage posts, make-up and home so check them out! xxx


My 11 Questions to these Bloggers are:

  1. Where was your favourite holiday as a child?
  2. What is your favourite meal?
  3. What is your favourite cocktail?
  4. What scares you? 
  5. What are you doing for Halloween? 
  6. What is your goal for 2013?
  7. Who is your inspiration? 
  8. What makes you laugh? 
  9. What makes you cry?
  10. What inspires you in your blog? 
  11. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would  you go?


Hope you enjoyed the facts about me and well done to those passing this on!

Lauren xxx


4 comments:

  1. Aaah I have size 3 feet and I love marmite!!! also very glad to know another petite lady, we have to stick together! :D and I'm sure I don't need to tell you how much I approve of your favorite book, love this post! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for mentioning my blog :)

    Im proud of you for leaving a very well paid job that you didnt like. I hate my job at the moment but cant leave because they are funding my course. Roll on my exam.
    Keep up the good work!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and that's ok! I have found myself a new job working part time so at least I have some money coming in for the time being :-) xxx

      Delete