Thursday 4 October 2012

House Move Eeek

On Friday we was told that we are likely to get an exchange date within the next couple of weeks for our old house that I live in with the in laws in the annex. All very exciting you may think but we have not packed anything yet, so I started freaking out slightly. I decided to tackle my wardrobe first of all as I knew many clothes were summer clothes and I would take some back to my parents house, hehe good parents!





Well when I got to my parents I failed to remember that my old wardrobe was full and my underneath of my bed also full of old clothes, shoes etc. Me and Mum spent all Monday on clearing out the wardrobe and bed and took 6, yes 6 black sacks down to the charity shop.

Finally, I could actually fit the majority of my summer clothes back into my old wardrobe for 6 months whilst the new house is being built.

We have decided to stay with the in-laws for 6 months whilst our new house is being built, 1 because we cant afford a house by ourselves and 2, actually we have such a great house to move into and my father in law is building me and Rocky an annex. Such great times!

I am a little nervous about living with the in laws for 6 months but I'm sure it'll be fine.

I will be blogging over the next few months pictures of how the house is progressing and im really excited about designing our annex and how I want it to look, cue utility room and CUPBOARDS :-D 

I haven't interior designed before but I am really looking forward to getting my creative juices going. 

This week has been pretty productive and we have packed 2 boxes away each day, now all we need to find is some storage places to store majority of our stuff for 6 months.

This is what I really want to be like...


but actually I feel like...


Have you ever interior designed or designed your house, do you have any tips?!

xxx



2 comments:

  1. Oh I've just moved house too and I know how stressful it can be!

    My tips: put away all the clothes you aren't going to wear until summer. It will give you much more room and in 6 months you'll feel like you have a whole new wardrobe! (I even wrote a blog post about doing this I believe in it so much...)

    Also, sell your old stuff on ebay and make some money :)

    hope this helps!

    http://rrecommends.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you for your feedback!

      Yep im taking photos today and putting them up on Facebook before I put them on Ebay :)

      xxxx

      Delete