Saturday 22 September 2012

Polishing Silver

Hello lovely followers,

I have this week been preparing bits and pieces for the shop and have been polishing silver to such a level that my Grandma would be proud. I do feel that this is a bit of a tradition polishing silver but I got a lot out of it and thought I would share some of the photos I took with you.

Ewll yuk before pictures of the fish set

Silvo In a can is the best to use - and its also British!


 So I start polishing...

 Spoons before, look at the cloth getting worse


 Spoons after!
 It is a really messy job this, you use the Silvo cloth initially to get off the top layer of dirt and then I used some kitchen roll to get it really shinny.

 This is a better picture I think, they show up more on the purple.


 I just love this amazing dressing table set!
 This cake slice turned out better than I thought.




Et Vois Lais, I am quite proud of the results actually and think that I did an ok job, was worth the elbow grease to get them looking lovely and sparkly and well worth a purchase I think.

All of items for sale can be found at my shop located at Bretts Farm, Essex. Do come and have a look :)

So my question this weekend is, what are your plans this weekend are you going to be doing any late spring cleaning? 

Scarlet aka Lauren :)
xxxxxxxxx

1 comment:

  1. Silvo is FAR too abrasive and will quickly remove the silver from plated items as well as wear down the detail on solid silver.

    Take the advice from a silversmith specializing in silver restoration, conservation, and preservation. Read the most thoroughly researched and practiced information on the Web by visiting The Care of Silver here: http://www.hermansilver.com/care.htm.

    ReplyDelete